Wednesday, March 23, 2011

personal geography

perceptual map

In creating this version, I wanted to convey both the intensity and duration of each sense. I used opacity to express the intensity of certain events, where the more opaque icons represent more stimulating things or feelings. The rectangles represent the duration of each sense.




cognitive map

My cognitive map was created based on some of the decisions I make on my way to class and their relationship to various factors. As seen in the map, each determinant influences my decisions, and thus produces different outcomes, or events.


artifact map

For this map, I was influenced by my actual drive to campus and the feeling that I was driving in a single direction on the interstate, ignoring its actual shape and direction. So, in creating the map, I opted to eliminate curves and solely use lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment